My friend and co-worker, Diana, celebrated her birthday in February. She recently caught the quilting bug so I wanted to make her something sewing-related for her birthday.
I knew I wanted to make a pincushion and I knew I wanted it to have hexagons on it. I found this pattern on the Moda site and thought it looked similar to what I had in mind.
I modified the pattern by not using the petals and by using a solid fabric for the side and bottom, but I did use hexagons for the top and I used the overall same size as the pattern called for.
Here's the finished product:
This pincushion is HUGE!!! It's 6 inches across and 3 inches high. Diana can probably get 1000 pins in this pincushion!
Here's the pincushion from the top:
She loves it, so even though it's gigantic, I know it will get used.