Saturday, June 1, 2013

Flip Flops!


Welcome June!  Here’s a look at one of the new monthly mini quilts I completed last weekend:  Flip Flops.



I’ve wanted to make a flip flop mini quilt for a few years and just haven’t gotten around to it.  I bought this cheery orange print last winter and knew I would use it to make the flip flop mini quilt.  

First I traced a pair of my own flip flops for the outline and noted where the straps were attached to the sole.  Since I have BIG feet, I scanned in my outline and reduced it by 20%.  
The sole of the flip flops were attached with fusible web and then machine appliquéd using a blanket stitch.  The straps are made from grosgrain ribbon.

I hand quilted a wave pattern around all four edges.  Who wouldn’t love to be wearing these flip flops at the beach?  Now if we would just get some sunny warm beach weather, we’ll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment