Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wings Falls Quilt Guild Show - the applique quilts

My sister, Anne, and I went to the Wings Falls Quilters Guild biennial show last weekend.  We spent three hours ogling all the gorgeous quilts.  I took so many pictures with my phone, my battery went dead.

Take a look at all these beautiful quilts that are primarily appliqued:

This was the best of show



How about the quilting on this table runner? Wow!



This sealife quilt was so cute - each with a yo yo belly.  And look at this tiny quilted crab!  So cute!



I love roosters - the rooster barn is always my first stop at the fair.  The quilter embroidered the types of roosters, and look at the chicken wire quilting!  I love it!



The dimensional applique was gorgeous on this one - look at that lily of the valley
and the pine cone - amazing!


How about these chipmunks?  Aren't they sweet?



Another quilt with dimensional applique - I really like these flowers with the button centers!


And lastly, I fell in love with this little hedgehog!


No comments:

Post a Comment