Monday, September 9, 2013

Hot Rod

Mr. Urban and I each took a day off work so we could get a few projects done around the house. It wasn't all work, though. We are only a short drive from beautiful Lake George, NY and we head up there at least a couple times every summer. One event we never miss is the Adirondack Nationals Hot Rod show. 

He likes the 50's cars best but I love the 60's and 70's cars. This year it seemed like there were a lot of Chevy cars - mostly Novas and Chevelles. I thinks this year's crowd was the biggest I've ever seen.  The local police close off the main drag and the cars go up and down the road, revving their engines and squealing their tires. It's a lot of fun to watch. 

Here are some pics of cars that caught my eye:





How about this Dodge Charger?


Here's one My husband really liked:


The matte finish was really different and those white walled tires - pretty cool.


And how about this Chrysler 300? Looks a bit different than today's version, doesn't it?
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment