Friday, September 20, 2013

Piecing Mercerie

I took a little break from the Halloween mini quilt to get started piecing the blocks for Mercerie, the new Schnibbles pattern by Carrie Nelson. I'm using two charm packs of Little Black Dress by Basic Grey, plus a few of my stash fabrics to get the color distribution I'm looking for. 

The directions call for twirling the seams at the center of the four patch blocks.

Don't you love that tiny four patch that happens when you open the seams?

I decided to make half of the blocks this week and the other half next week. Here's half of the four-patch units:


 
Once again, the Fit-to-be-quarter ruler by Monique Dillard at Open Gate Quilts proves to be a winner! I used the cutting directions for using that ruler then trimmed my blocks to size. The ruler makes trimming the block so easy! I lined up the diagonal seam with the diagonal on the ruler and also lined up the 2" lines on both sides of the side square. perfection!



 Here's half of the blocks all done:



 

 

1 comment:

  1. It's looking very effective in the two colour way. I love that ruler! Since I bought it in March I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete