Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Massachusetts Quilt Shop Hop

I haven't been doing much sewing so far this month because my Dad was visiting from Arizona. He isn't able to go downstairs and I didn't want to leave him alone so I only managed to hand sew the binding on Mercerie. 

Dad left on Thursday to spend a week at my brother's house in Rochester. I had planned to get the house all cleaned and straightened on Saturday, but came home from work Thursday to find my sweet husband had it all done! So when my coworker, Diana, asked if I would like to go to the Massachusetts Quilt Shop Hop, I quickly said yes. Diana's sister, Alice, and Alice's friend, Judy, also went along.

There were 9 shops participating in the shop hop, but I only made it to six of them.  I left the house at 5:45 am in order to make it to Auburn, Ma., for the opening of the farthest shop, Appletree Quilts. That meant I had to be home by about 6:45 pm in order to let Maggie out. She's never had to hold it longer than 13 hours and she's getting older so I really didn't want to push it. 

We had a ton of fun and naturally I came home with some loot:


5" wide by WOF scraps for 75 cents!



 A few more stripes to add to my collection.



 

Neutral basics.



All of these fabrics were $5 / yard or less! 
 

The shop hop theme was "Tropical Vacation", so the giveaways were fat quarters of batiks. I don't use too many batiks, but I'll try to put these to use eventually.
 

And I finally bought some High Street fabric! Ok, these are mini charms, but that's all I found, so it will have to do. 

I'll be back later this week to show you my non-fabric purchases and tell you a bit about each of the stores.

Are you almost finished with Clover, the October Schnibbles pattern? I'm way behind this month. Next weekend looks like it's going to be busy too, so I really hope I can get it finished on time. 


 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment