Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Starting Clover

Ok, so this pattern looks easy enough, it's only squares after all.  But if you read the pattern notes, Carrie Nelson named this pattern "Clover" after the brand name of her seam ripper!  Well, my seam ripper got a work out with this one too.

I sewed all the horizontal four-patch units wrong (yes the alignment matters, if you want it to look like a horizontal row of squares on point!!), and naturally that happened at the end of a long day of sewing when I was too tired and it was too late to fix.  So I spent a couple nights last week ripping them apart and re-sewing them correctly. 

I finally got all the individual rows complete (minus the setting triangles, I sewed those on last).  When I lined up the rows on the design wall, it made a diamond shape I thought was kind of cool!


Then I started sewing rows together and finished up last Saturday with half the top complete.


See that little window?  That's the only natural light in my sewing room in the basement (but at least I have a room that's all mine!)

On Sunday, I finished Clover.  I love the fabrics I used (Posh Pumpkins by Sandy Gervais for Moda) and I really like the end result.  I have no idea how I'm going to quilt this one, but I have a while to think about it because I'm not going to quilt it until some time next year.

Don't forget to head over to The Pink Pincushion and A Quilting Life on November 1 to check out the parade of Clovers.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. It looks great in your autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Clover looks great! Love the autumn feel to it!

    ReplyDelete