Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Binding tips

I love binding quilts.  Maybe it’s because it means the quilt is finally done and ready to gift, use, or hang on the wall.  Maybe it’s because I enjoy hand sewing while watching TV.  I don’t know why, but I do love it. 
I generally make my own binding.  After piecing the strips together and pressing the binding in half, I roll the binding up. 

If I’m binding anything larger than a mini quilts, I keep the binding in a drawer underneath my sewing table while I attach it to the quilt front using my sewing machine.  It sits in a plastic cover that some notion or other came in.  The binding neatly unrolls as it gets sewed on.

This keeps the binding from getting:
·         tangled
·         caught in the wheels of my sewing chair J
·         full of lint & pieces of thread
·         full of pet hair from one of my furry friends that likes to keep me company while I sew.

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment