Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Sunday of Sewing and Soup

She's Back - my sewing machine is back from being serviced (after 2 loong weeks)!  Seriously though, with my son here during week 1 and working all week during week 2, I only started missing her Saturday morning.  Lucky for me, the shop called around 11 am and she was back in the house by 3pm. 


I spent Saturday afternoon cutting, cutting, cutting - for the Blogger Girl's Block of the Month (BGBOM) February Blocks and all the little bitty pieces for Hot Cross, my February charm pack project and a Schnibble pattern by Carrie Nelson.

So today is Super Bowl Sunday and I spent the day doing two things I love - sewing and making soup.  Since my neck surgery last year, I can't spend too long at the sewing machine at any one time - about 1 1/2 to 2 hours max.  So in between sewing sessions, I made 3 different kinds of soups/stews.  The day went kind of like this:

7:30-9:30 finished quilting my Valentine's mini quilt, made the binding and sewed it on.
9:30-11:15 Cleaned the bathrooms, made green chile pork stew, made brunch, washed the dishes
11:15 - 12:45 Completed the BGBOM Block 2, Version 1


12:45 - 2 Made ham,spinach and pea soup, washed dishes, did a load of laundry
2 - 3:30 Completed BGBOM Block 2, Version 2


3:30 - 4:45 Completed 5 Hot Cross blocks


4:45 - 7 Got everything ready for work tomorrow, folded laundry, made soup # 3 - shrimp & corn chowder

Wow - what a day.  I'm exhausted.  Now it's time to actually watch the Super Bowl (or at least as much as I can until I get too tired).

Details about all the projects later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment