Friday, July 26, 2013

Sneak Peek and Garden Pictures

Here’s a little sneak peak at my August mini quilt: a tiny race horse block!


We took part of last weekend to work on the big garden bed on the side of the house where we added the trees.  The landscapers added the dry stream bed and the flagstone walkway and moved a Japanese maple and some hosta plants around.  So we weeded and raked out the bed last weekend and now it’s looking pretty nice:




We still need more plants/shrubs but we’ll add those over time as we find just the right varieties.  This is a tough time of year to plant perennials/shrubs.  The garden centers are low on inventory and what they do have is half dead.  I’ve been to two already and didn’t find anything that looked good to me.  Since I’m in no hurry, I’ll just keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment