Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where I Sew

The Pink Chalk Studio blog is featuring a peek into the sewing rooms of bloggers this month so I thought I'd give you a peek at mine.

My sewing room is in our finished basement. My cutting table is in the foyer outside the sewing room. I have this great Ikea kitchen island that I use as a cutting table. In the drawers I have pens and pencils, a calculator, all my small rulers, and my rotary cutters (I have three - one for fabric only, one with a scalloped blade, and one for batting only).
 


My sewing room is only 8 feet wide by 10 feet long. On the left of the door is my table top ironing board that I pull up to the sewing table when I sew.
 
 
On the left wall is a tall metal bookcase where I keep my stash in plastic tubs. I have separate tubs for batting, binding scraps and ribbons, whites and creams, solids, conversation and novelty prints, black and greys, multi-colored fabrics, and my basics - tone-on-tone fabrics. 
 



Next to the fabric shelves is a six foot long Ikea table that I use as my sewing table. Underneath are a pink filing cabinet on one side and a drawer unit from Ikea on the other side.
 
 

 
On the back wall are my bulletin board and my design wall. 
 


On the right hand wall I have a pantry cabinet where I keep my scraps, colored pencils and drawing paper, cross stitch patterns and floss boxes.
 





 
 Next to the pantry cabinet is an Ikea shelving unit with several storage baskets and magazine holders (lots of magazine holders)!

I like things organized and neat with everything in its place. My sewing room stays fairly neat and usually the only thing out is whatever I need for my current project. I try to clean and straighten my room after every project.

I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my lair.

1 comment:

  1. ikea is the gift that keeps giving to sewing/craft rooms the world over! your space has given me some ideas. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete