Monday, July 1, 2013

Trail’s End – Blogger Girls Block of the Month is Finished!!

Trail’s End is finished!  That’s what I’m calling my version of the Blogger Girls Block of the Month hosted by Monique Dillard of Open Gate Quilts.  I used fabrics from the Trail’s End line by Holly Taylor for Moda.  Originally, I only planned to use the red and green prints because I wanted this to have a Christmassy look. 



The second block by Thelma over at Cupcakes ‘n Daisies convinced me to add some yellow/gold.  I’m so glad I did because the gold really makes the blocks sparkle.  Thank you for the inspiration Thelma!

I made some minor changes to a few of the blocks from Monique’s patterns and I made three versions of the April block so I would end up with 13 blocks.  I also did not use the sashing blocks that Monique designed.  Even though I spent hours cutting all the pieces for those square-in-a-square blocks, at the end of the day, I just couldn’t bring myself to spend more hours piecing them.   I went with simpler chain-type blocks.  I’m so happy I went with the alternate blocks and sashing. 

 I’m sad to see this project end, but happy to have time to move on to other projects.

2 comments:

  1. Your version looks great. Did you make the same alternate block as Nicole? Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Thelma's Cupcakes and Daisies blog. Your quilt is lovely. Thanks for the earlier post on sashing. It was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete