Friday, August 16, 2013

Lucky Me

The random number generator has been good to me a lot lately.  I’ve been a winner in the Schnibbles parade twice already and last week, I won this from the Fat Quarter Shop:

A fat-quarter bundle of Perfect Pairings by Kim Diehl and two free patterns featuring this fabric!  As far as I know, this isn’t a Christmas line, but there are beautiful red/burgundy, green, and cream fabrics and I think they can be put to good use in a Christmas project.
Thank you to the Fat Quarter Shop for this very generous gift!
I also consider myself lucky to have some of my family close by.  Until three years ago, we used to live on a cul-de-sac of 5 houses.  My sister and her family lived in #1 and we lived in #4.  It was awesome to have her just across the street.  Our husbands have been best friends since they were about 10 years old and our boys are more like brothers than cousins.  Since I don’t have any daughters, my sister gladly shared hers so I could have some “girl time”.  We’re only two miles apart now, but we don’t get to spend as much time together as we used to.  A couple days ago my sister, my niece and I went blueberry picking. 

An hour’s worth of picking resulted in 6 pounds of blueberries!! 

I gently washed all the berries and laid them out on paper towels on cookie sheets to dry.  When they were dry, the cookie sheets went into the freezer overnight.  In the morning, I bagged up the frozen berries into individual serving sizes and made a blueberry sour cream pound cake with the rest.  Yum!!
After I was done with the blueberries, I was able to turn this:

into this:





No comments:

Post a Comment