Monday, August 5, 2013

Stocking up on supplies

Although I didn’t do much sewing during the month of July, I was busy planning for new projects and buying all the supplies I’ll need.


For Christmas 2011, I received the pattern to make Amy Butler’s Weekender Bag.  I’m finally ready to make it.  I’ll be sewing both the Weekend Bag and the Fig Tree’s One Piece Bag using the same two fabrics – both are from Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille.  I’ll be using the navy/multi-colored banner print as the main outer fabric and the lime penny fabric for the linings, handles, and piping.  This will be my first time making and using piping – I’m a little anxious about how it will turn out, but also excited to learn a new skill.  I even bought a special piping foot for my sewing machine.


While we were visiting Inlet this summer, I saw a really pretty sun hat in an Adirondack outfitters store.  It was reversible, made by a top outdoor outfitter brand, fairly expensive, and way too big for my head, so needless to say, I didn’t buy it.  Then I saw this free pattern on the Craftsy website and decided I can make a similar hat for a fraction of the price and I can make it to fit!  This pattern isn’t reversible, but that’s okay.  I’ll be using the black gingham as the outer fabric and the other as the lining.  Total cost: $6.10.  Now that’s a bargain!


For the August Schnibbles, Canasta, I decided to make the smaller, 13-block version.  I’ve wanted to make a small wall hanging for my pink sewing room so I’ll be using these fabrics to make a scrappy version.  Three are from my stash, the rest were new purchases.  I’m looking forward to a less busy month and logging some serious time in my sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment