Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Stars


192 half-square triangle squares! It took way longer to trim all these squares than it took to sew them!


I'm making s-l-o-w progress on this month's Schnibbles pattern, Morning Joe. My progress wasn't helped by our Boston get-away or our wedding anniversary - 27 years last week! But life is more than just quilting (really??!!).






 I'm making the version from the back of the pattern, but I'll be making a few modifications.  Check back later this week to see the finished top.

With Thanksgiving this week, I have a four day weekend coming up. Since our Thanksgiving is very low key, with just me, my husband and son, I hope to get in some serious sewing time.

I don't do any shopping on Black Friday - I don't like crowds and the rushing around, and waiting in lines takes the Christmas spirit right out of me. I will be heading out on Small Business Saturday to visit two local quilt shops, a family-owned bookstore and a locally-owned hardware store.  How about you?  Do you join in the shopping frenzy on Black Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment