Saturday, November 30, 2013

Liberty Joe

The November Schnibbles pattern is Morning Joe. I named my version Liberty Joe because of the colors used and because I took so many "liberties" with the pattern.

When I started out I planned to make the version from the back cover of the pattern, with 16 small stars and 5 large stars.  Mostly due to time issues, I decided to stop after the small stars were done. I added 8 extra sashing strips and 5 extra cornerstones. 

I also added cornerstones to the middle pieced border and made the outside border narrower.


I would love to make the full sized version someday, but for now I'm happy with my modifications. My version finished at approximately 33 x 33 and used 30 charm squares of Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson.

I've got to go get ready to head out to my LQS for Small Business Saturday. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with this Jackie! I combined the large and small stars in mine and I liked the small stars best! Yours is perfect with all small stars :-)

    ReplyDelete