Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goals

Happy New Year!!

In 2013, I participated in three different quilt-alongs:

The Blogger Girls Block of the Month


A Year of Vintage Schnibbles

and Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt.

There are still a few weeks left of Bonnie's mystery quilt and I plan to finish that up, but I finished my 2013 goal of one charm square quilt a month, so for now, I think I'm done with the Schnibbles parades hosted by Sinta and Sherri. I still have two other charm square quilts I planned to sew last year and never got to, so I'll be making those in 2014.

There were a lot of other projects I wanted to finish, or start, but I didn't have time. So for 2014, I don't think I'm going to join any additional quilt-alongs until I get to some of those projects I already have in mind.

Here are my 2014 quilting/crafting goals:

  • Celtic Solstice - finish
  • Ohio Star - finish. Here's what it looked like when I left it last:


  • Pinwheel Panache
  • Meadow Lark charm square quilt - from the book Back to Charm School by Country Threads (I changed the pattern name)
  • Cindy Lou Who - a Schnibbles charm square quilt
  • Make a wool candle mat
  • Additional monthly mini quilts, possibly wool versions
  • Quilt all unquilted projects (including Anne's Log Cabin, all unquilted Schnibbles, and the 2012 bird quilt)
  • Make at least one charity quilt
  • Learn English paper piecing
  • Complete the Weekender Bag
  • Make a quilted jacket
  • Knit a simple shawl
  • Finish the Adelphi Hotel cross stitch piece for my husband
  • Use stash fabric whenever possible

What about you?  Are you making a goals list for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment