Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm getting nervous...

…about taking my sewing machine in to be serviced.  I’ve had my sewing machine, a Brother Innovis NX800, for just over 2 years and haven’t had it serviced yet.  Since it cost more than some used cars we’ve owned, I figure it’s overdue for a “tune up”.  One of the reasons I haven’t taken it in before now is because it will be in the shop for about a week and I can’t stand the idea of not having it her for that long in case I want to sew (and I always want to sew).
There have been a few times in the last year when I knew I wasn’t going to be near my sewing room for at least a week (vacations and when I had my neck and knee surgeries) but I just didn’t bring it to the shop.  With my son coming home for a week-long visit, I guess this is as good a time as any.  Still I’m already feeling withdrawal!
So how am I preparing for my “downtime”? I’ve brought several projects to the “handwork” stage:
1.        Cutting the fabric for my February charm pack project – “Hot Cross” from the book Schnibbles Times Two, by Carrie Nelson.  I’ll be using 2 charm packs of Friendship Collections for a Cause by Howard Marcus for Moda.

2.       Finishing the reverse appliqué on my Valentine’s mini quilt then hand quilting it using perle cotton and “big stitch quilting”.



3.       Hand sewing the binding on “Welcome to the Neighborhood”, January’s charm pack project and a gift for a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment