A few weeks ago I cut all the fabrics for the sashing strips and squares per the directions on Monique's blog. Then I got thinking about making all those square-in-a-square units. I decided to make my life easier and create an alternate block using the fabric I already cut. I'm cutting down the green squares and I need to cut all new background fabric, but I have plenty and I'm sure I can use those white triangles and rectangles in something...
Here's what I came up with:
and here's an idea of what they will look like alternating with the BGBOM blocks:
These blocks went together fairly quickly. I sewed two in just over 30 minutes - much faster than I could have made those square-in-a-square units!!!