Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Mini Quilts

Welcome May!!

We are really busy packing here at Chez Urban.  Our youngest son, Jason, landed a full-time position in a city about 3 hours away from here and will be moving out this week.  We've been busy purchasing items for his new apartment and getting it all packed and ready for the move.  At the same time, I'm packing for my trip to Arizona to attend my youngest brother's wedding this Saturday. 

In between packing and shopping, I fit in time to make a new mini quilt for May.


I started with this basket block that was in a free pattern from Quiltmaker magazine.

Then I added triangles all around so the basket block was on point, appliqued leaves and added some yo yo flowers.


I added buttons to the centers of the flowers.


Then I hand quilted flowers in the corners, added binding, and May Baskets was done. It's hanging in my cubicle at work right now.


I have another May mini quilt that I usually put up in my living room.  This year, my sister, Anne, asked if I had a mini quilt she could hang on her bedroom door at Hope Lodge in Burlington, VT.  Anne is staying there for 5 weeks while she undergoes radiation treatments at Fletcher Allen Hospital.  Burlington is 2 ½  hours away from Anne's home and family (and me).  She is also going to miss our brother's wedding.  Since I would do anything in the world to make this time pass a little easier for her, I gladly sent her the other mini quilt.

Enjoy it, Anne, rest, be well, and know that I love you and miss you.



See you back here some time next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment