Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The One Piece Bag and some answers

Did you see any pictures of the Fig Tree booth from Quilt Market?  Did you notice the bags on the ladder?  That is a new pattern from Fig Tree called The One Piece Bag.  I’ve been thinking I need a new handbag - not that there is anything wrong with my Phoebe bag, I still love it; I just want a new bag.  As soon as I saw that picture, I went to the Fig Tree website to see if there was a pattern for the bag.

  I bought the PDF pattern because I didn't want to wait!
Since this bag pattern has an open interior, I will probably make a few modifications to add pockets.  At the very least, I want a cell phone pocket (probably attached to the interior of one side panel).  An interior zipper pocket (maybe attached to the inside back) would also be good to hold my little 5-foot tape measure.  I can’t tell you how many times that little tape measure has come in handy.   I don’t leave home without it, but I don’t like fishing around in my purse to find it.
I’m looking forward to making this new bag and I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
In other news, we finally found out what’s been ailing our pup, Maggie.  She has an antibiotic resistant staph infection!  A little research told us that a canine staph infection can pass to humans, but thankfully, none of us have been infected.  Poor Miss Maggie is in for at least 6 weeks of antibiotics that may have nasty side effects.   We’ll be busy disinfecting all her bedding and cleaning the carpets so she doesn’t re-infect herself (or us).  At least we know what is wrong with her after all these months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment