Friday, May 31, 2013

Miscellaneous sewing projects

I did a fair amount of sewing this past week but don’t have a lot to show you (yet).
I made a duvet cover for my son’s room to cover a spare (beige) comforter.  I made Jason a quilt but he took it with him to use in his new apartment so I had to have something to go on the bed he left here.  I have a perfectly good beige comforter that is the right size…but his room is grey and blue.  So I made a duvet cover out of two grey flat, queen-size sheets.  Why not a quilt?  Well, because we already have that beige comforter and I just wanted something quick to cover it up. 
I also made 4 denim pillow covers for some cushions.  

My dad asked me if I would make him some and he requested denim.  These were super easy, just an overlapping flap closure so he doesn't have to fiddle with zippers or buttons.

I’ve only ever made homemade bias binding once before, but really wanted to make some out of this red gingham print I found at Joann’s last week.  After a few mistakes, I finally figured it out.  I’m going to use this on one of my monthly mini quilts. 

Speaking of the monthly minis, I have two underway right now; one for June and another one for July.  The red gingham binding is for the July mini, but you’ll have to wait until July 1 to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment