Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Snowman Mini Quilt

I didn't have this mini done for December 1, but it was only two days late.  The girls at work waited, mostly patiently for its arrival.

So, here is the Christmas Snowman Mini Quilt.


This mini incorporates just about every technique I know.  The tree and snowman are paper pieced.  It's been a while since I've done any paper piecing and I messed up numerous times, but eventually figured it out.

The star and "carrot" nose are fused on and machine appliqued.  



The rest was pieced in the normal fashion. I quilted 1/8" inside and outside the tree and snowman shapes before embellishing the quilt with a mini "light" garland I bought at AC Moore and couched on.  


Then I sewed on mini buttons for the snowman's eyes, mouth and stomach buttons.



This one ranks up there as one of my favorite holiday mini quilts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment