Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The start of something small...

There's no official "Schnibbles" quilt this month, so at first, I thought I would make another scrappy table runner.  I wanted to make something in blues and whites that would work all winter long.  But, I really don't have many blue scraps cut into useable pieces, and while I do have plenty of blue scraps that I could cut up, I decided to find another charm square pattern so I would stay on target with my goal to complete one charm square quilt a month this year.

There's one pattern by Carrie Nelson that I fell in love with as soon as I first saw it:  Chip.  It's actually supposed to be made with mini charm squares (2 1/2" squares).  But the very last page of the pattern offers a third version that can be made with one charm pack.  Score!  I happen to have one more charm pack of Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson, and guess what??  Most of my Christmas decorations are red and white, so that fabric will be perfect!!

A couple hours cutting later and my pieces are all cut out.  Another hour later and I've pieced all the star points:


This is coming together quickly, so I'm hoping to have it finished and dressing up my dining room table by the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment