Monday, March 4, 2013

New fabric in the house!


I'm fortunate to have 4 local quilt shops within 15 miles of my house, plus a Joann's Fabrics.  KC Framing and Fabrics is the furthest from my house and not on my usual driving routes.  However the fabrics they carry are more modern and youthful than the other stores locally.  Patti's does have a bright and children's fabric section of mostly Moda lines, but KC has different lines.  The store is run by two sisters and carries Riley Blake and Henry Glass lines as well as fabrics by Amy Butler and Kaffe Fasset.

I was in the area for a doctor's appointment so even though I had pledged to myself that I wouldn't buy any more fabric, I thought I would just stop in and look around (Famous last words).

Of course they didn't have any of the fabrics I am currently looking for (solids /marbles) to go with the Meadow charm pack or border, binding, and backing fabric for the BGBOM quilt).  They did have some very nice polka dot fabrics. I have been collecting polka dot fabrics for a while that I'm thinking of using in a pinwheel quilt.  So I took the opportunity to add 3 more to my stash.





I didn't know I needed any striped fabrics, but I have a few I've purchased and these just looked like they wanted to come home with me.  I have no plans for the stripes, but they might make nice bag linings.



I also received the Paris Flea Market yardage I bought from the Fat Quarter Shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment