Saturday, March 30, 2013

Slow progress

I have made slow progress on my new Easter mini quilt.  I finished appliquéing the bias tape wreath and the big pink rabbit. 


I still have to appliqué the bow and flowers.  I actually started to appliqué them but I don’t like my results using traditional needleturn appliqué.  I’d like to try the starch and plastic template method for these pieces. 
I wasn’t able to find any heat-resistant template material locally, so I ordered some from Keepsake Quilting but it hasn’t arrived yet and my Easter mini quilt sits waiting.  At this point, it will not be ready for Easter, but I’ll put it up for the rest of April whenever it is finally done.
I really don't like thimbles - they just feel so clumsy to me.  What works for me are these little round bandaids:


Mini Mystery from Miami is all quilted and bound and it’s hanging in the guest bath.  The colors are perfect for that room and really brighten it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment