Wednesday, April 10, 2013

BGBOM for April


I really enjoyed sewing the April BGBOM blocks together.  Graphing and coloring the blocks gave me something to do during the week when I couldn’t get into my sewing room and made it easier to figure out the fabrics I needed to cut. 

Each block took me about two hours to put together.  I was hoping the second block would go a bit faster but it took just about the same amount of time.  Both blocks were fairly simple to put together. 

I am partial to my Quilt in a Day flying geese rulers but I like Monique’s construction method for the flying geese, especially when the “air” triangles are two different colors.  So I used her method to put the blocks together and the Quilt in a Day method to trim the blocks.

I really like the inner stars for both of these blocks.  They would make great star blocks all on their own!

 

I especially love the green whirligig that’s formed when the inner square is the same fabric as one of the star points.

I used a different method for the third color version of this block that I’ll tell you more about later in the week.

Here’s the finished A and B versions:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment