Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

My husband, son and I spent a few days in and around Boston last weekend and later this week I will tell you about the quilt show we went to and some sightseeing we did.  But today I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to the victims of the bombings and their family and friends.

While we were in Boston we met a few people that were in town for the marathon and spent some time with an entire family from Seattle that was in Boston to support their daughter and sister.  We didn't learn any of their names but we spent over an hour with them talking, laughing, having a great time.  The runner and I had a conversation about our interests - quilting and running.  She had spent some time working in a physical therapy office and gave me hope that when I have my knees replaced I will be back to feeling good and being active very quickly.

They were a really, really nice bunch of people who travelled so far to support their family member.

I am praying that they are all safe.

Boston is a city that epitomizes the spirit of fighting for freedom.  I hope Bostonians and all Americans never lose that spirit.

Bunker Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment