Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sewing and Quilt Expo in Worcester, MA

Lucky for me, I have a husband who is willing to attend a quilt show with his wife.  Actually, one of our sons came with us, too.   I wanted to go to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Worcester, MA and they agreed to come along. 
Prior to this show, I have only been to small guild-sponsored quilt shows.  I’ve enjoyed those, but have wanted to experience a larger show.  I guess I was expecting something like what I’ve seen about Quilt Festival, with crowded aisles and lots of big names from the quilting world, but it wasn’t like that at all.
There was a nice exhibition of quilts and I’ll show you some pictures of my favorites today and later this week.  As for exhibitors, there weren’t as many as I thought there would be and at least half of them were sewing related rather than quilting related.  I was very glad that there were not that many people since I love people, but not crowds.
I brought a list with me and I stuck to it.  I only bought a 4 half yard pieces of batik fabrics for a new project I’m going to start. 

I didn’t find any of the Indigo Crossing fabric I want so it looks like I will have to buy that online.
All in all it was a great experience and I would consider going again.
Here are some pictures of some of my favorites of the quilts that were exhibited:
White Tail Morning by Dustin Farrell

Woodpecker Artist by Dee Ann West


The House That Kaffe Built

Designed by Kathryn Patterson, machine quilted by Rebecca Segura.  
From McCalls Quilting May/June 2011

Heritage Stars
Designed by Sherri Bain Driver
Made by Sherri and friends, machine quilted by ZJ Humbach
From McCalls Quilting March/April 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment