Sunday, April 21, 2013

Detour Ahead

If you read this post, you know I planned to work on “Meadow Lark” based on "Lateness is Rudeness" pattern by Country Threads and using “Meadow” fabric by Three Sisters for Moda as my April charm square quilt.  Well, I’m taking a detour.  I am joining the Schnibbles quilt along this month and I’m making “Hat Trick” using two packages of Tonga Treats batiks in the Island Punch colorway.  I don’t usually work with batik fabrics, so that is another detour for me, but these are so happy and bright and just scream summer to me.

I bought a few batik fabrics at the Quilt Expo to add to the charm squares. 

I will use the orange for one of the borders, the navy for the binding and the neutrals for the setting squares and triangles.  After I got the fabric home, I decided one looked too grey so I bought a few more very pale aqua, green, and yellow batiks to use as neutrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment